Publisher: Ecowaters Books (May 2000)
Paperback: 240 pages
Order From: Amazon.com
(links will open in a new window)
Composting toilet systems and other ecological waste water management methods are emerging around the world as nonpolluting and cost-saving alternatives to conventional wastewater systems. The Composting Toilet System Book covers a wide variety of ecological toilet options. The book details how to choose, install and maintain these systems, including:
- Descriptions of more than 40 manufactured and site built systems and where to buy them.
- Compatible toilet stools and micro-flush toilet installations.
- Tips on choosing, planning, installing and maintaining your composting toilet system. (Including what the manufacturers don’t tell you!)
- The experiences of owners-operators worldwide.
- What you should know about graywater systems.
- Regulations and advice about getting a system approved.
Long used by off-the-grid homeowners, parks and cottage owners, composting toilet systems are now making their way into conventional year-round homes. The technology has improved and is available in styles compatible with mainstream homes and lifestyles. At the same time, the economics have never been better, as both costs and restrictions for water and sewage are increasing.
In addition to providing technical information on various systems, the book profiles composting toilet system applications, provides United States permitting information and features key maintenance and operation information that the manufacturers do not provide. The book also contains application information about using these systems with graywater systems and flush toilets.
Find out how you can have a smaller leach field, reuse water in your landscape, reduce pollution and help prepare yourself for skyrocketing water and sewage costs.
The Composting Toilet System Book was co-authored by David Del Porto and Carol Steinfeld. David has more than 25 years of experience designing, selling and servicing thousands of composting toilet systems. He has also helped write regulations and performance standards. Carol is a writer, editor and technology transfer specialist focusing on ecological resource solutions.